13.11.12

Cowhide rugs- “Classic”



"I don't want any vegetables, thank you. I paid for the cow to eat them for me."
Doug Coupland


Cowhide rugs have proven themselves to be a classic decorating element in all types of home...




They are luxurious to the touch and visually aesthetic, any cowhide rug will add warmth, texture, patterns, color and a sense of fun to any room.


Since cowhide are a natural product/by-product of the food industry from cattle, they are stain-resistant, good choice for traffic areas.

 










Tips on Choosing the Perfect Cowhide
          
   * Good even balanced natural shape - all legs intact
                *Healthy glossy hair
               * Aesthetically beautiful colour and markings
                *No ugly scared brands (some pretty brands are acceptable). Generally no brands are visible
               * No visible reinforcements from the hairy top side
*No bald patches or cuts

The most important thing
 when choosing a cowhide rug is to go to a cowhides supplier, this way you will ensure you are only getting the best quality cowhides which have been professionally treated. 










INTERIOR DESIGN IMAGE CREDITS:
PORTER DESIGN COMPANY, LUKE VAHLE, JUSTINBERNHAUT, DÉCOR, JENNA LYONS, Houses-designs, homedit.com 

Wishing you all a lovely week!

Bereket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I always learn something new on your blog. That is why I keep on coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your his sister, lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cowhides. Good thing I got here because I am looking at getting one or two for my new home but I needed more convincing. But now, I think I am going to get it. I am looking into this: http://www.ecowhides.com/beige-cowhide-rug/ , do you think this will be great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of you might never have cowhide rug before, so it’s a little difficult to know how to choose the right cowhide rug. cow skin rugs

    ReplyDelete