19.10.12

Designer Fig Jam



Sweet fall season, with colors so vivid of orange, gold, red and brown.
Did I got it all?

Once Upon a Time, I was given a ripe figs from my friends garden...
her figs are so sweet that melts in my mouth just like beautiful sunrise.









Here is my fig jam recipe ..that makes this fall season
 feel extra-special. 
And remember Figs are one of the highest plant sources of calcium and fiber. 



12 fresh, ripe figs, washed, stemmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cups sugar (more depending on sweetness of figs)
Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon 
pinch of kosher salt

In a large saucepan, combine the figs, sugar,and lemon juice and zest. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature,
Bring to a simmer over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 30-35 minutes or until thickened.  Keep a close eye on it to prevent jam from burning. Gently Break up the fruits with a wooden spoon. Spoon into sterilised jam jars and allow to cool to room temperature. Store in refrigerator.








Thanks for given sweet fruit to me!

All the best,
Bereket

No comments:

Post a Comment