23.4.12

Corks and onions




It’s not only they look great…they meant to be together....how so?
Ok…Let me explain to you…almost a year ago by accident I put them together, and what do you know? I found out that they were meant to be together, like steel and oil, like wood and paint. People told me this when they saw my picture of corks and onions. They would write like, “… in the South, we always tossed our corks in the potato bin. It helped keep the potatoes dry.” 



I found that the onions seemed to remain fresher when stored with corks. But now some people have argued the point, saying that corks do not absorb water.


What do you think? Have you tried storing onions or similar items with corks? Does the cork help?


I still think they somehow look well together.


Bereket





No comments:

Post a Comment